I’m a woman on the verge
Women on the Verge is a wonderful community of women, not afraid to speak their minds, coming from all walks of life and spread over the world. All wonderful women with stories to tell, experiences to share and most of all very supportive of each other.
It is an honour to be part of this wonderful community. I’d never joined one before but I’m glad I was introduced to WOTV. Wish I had more time to chat to all of them and in particular Ana, it’s been a funny year, so much happening !I created my first post on their site, never realising how much I’d love it and how liberating it would be.
I’ve always found writing a good way to exorcise pain. As a novelist I write fiction, although there’s a little piece in me in everything I write and I don’t mean the blood, sweat and tears…Writing blogs posts on WOTV prompted me to start my own blog. Sharing experiences and pain lightened my soul and it’s amazing the response you get when you opened to people.
I’ve often been in tears because of it. Even if you only help one person by writing about abuse, heartache, grief… it’s a blessing. We all have a voice and experiences to share, it’s a powerful and amazing way to help each others.Long live women on the verge!
So go have a look :
- Harriet Walker: Of course we still need feminism (independent.co.uk)
- Living in fear, and writing about it (elleamberley.co.uk)
- Publication Day for Elle Amberley, author of Nowhere Left to Hide (elleamberley.co.uk)
- Now on Kindle (elleamberley.co.uk)
- The alchemy of agony, or how to feel safe enough to let the guard down (elleamberley.co.uk)