Ravens PIck Me Up. Elle Amberley’s Nine for the Week
A while back I was interviewed on Raven’s Ramblings. If you’ve missed it, here’s another chance to read it.
So today, we welcome Elle Amberley to our mid-week pick me up. The naughty nine we all want to know the answers to.
This week’s naughty nine have a Bohemian twist.
- We’ll get this one over first, tell us a little bit about yourself.
I’m a mum first, I homeschool my children, and I’m a writer, a messy one who doesn’t fit into neat little boxes. I like switching genres and I’m a bohemian at heart. Having lived in so many countries makes it hard to settle anywhere. Home is wherever we’re happy and together.
- Thanks, now we can probe a bit more. What are you writing at the moment? Going to share any of it with us?
Lol, I’m finishing my Paris based novel, due out in Spring 2012, writing short stories, a bit darker than my recent book, probably more like my Literary novels. I also write poems and articles, I can’t help reacting sometimes when I see the news. My big mouth translates into furious articles, although they have been described as heartfelt so I’ll stick with that.
- How long have you been writing? I don’t remember a time I was not writing. I was the annoying kid who wrote and rewrote essays, changing bits until the very last minute.
- What is your favorite genre? To write or read.
I don’t really have one because I have eclectic tastes. It would probably easier to tell you what I don’t like. I’m not a sci-fi fan for example. That said I recently picked up a book, loved it until I got to page ten or something and witches came in to play. I was puzzled, nearly put the book down, then persevered and absolutely loved it.
I think my favourite genre to write is whatever I happen to be writing at the time.
- Where do you prefer to write? What do you wear? And eat? (OK, I know this is cheating as well, but we need all the gen in our naughty nine)
I write almost everywhere, in the car, while I wait for my children, at the restaurant. I even wrote in the shower once…A fan heard I was often struck by inspiration while taking a shower and had these special pens sent out. Amazing, and a warning to mind what you said in interviews.
I often write in bed in the middle of the night when everything is quiet. So that answers your next question, there’s a photo of me writing in bed taken by my husband on my blog.
I often starve myself because I forget to eat so my long suffering husband brings me coffee and apple cake or other goodies.
- So three things you love
My children and my husband but I guess they’re not things.
I love books, music and playing with my children.
- Three you don’t Injustice, cruelty and anything nasty.
- Three things you would like to happen in the next three years? Feel free to add to the three things you don’t,
Get my health back into shape, my children to be happy and carry on writing.
That’s it painless eh? Thanks for dropping by and giving us a peek into your life. Feel free to add any links to blogs websites etc so we can all find out what you are up to.
Thanks again, so lovely to meet you and get to know your blog. Looking forward to having you on mine. Best wishes.
About the author
Although she is a British author, Elle Amberley likes to dabble in French too and hopes to resume work on her French novel when time allows. She also enjoys writing articles on women’s issues and whatever she feels passionate about, as well as poetry and short stories.
This was originally posted on
Lost in your time, my latest novel, is now available on amazon, see links on the right.
Thanks for visiting my blog, your comments are always much appreciated.
- Guesting on the RNA blog (elleamberley.co.uk)
- What’s your news? (elleamberley.co.uk)
- Paris, be inspired (elleamberley.co.uk)
- Tick Tock | Two days left (elleamberley.co.uk)