- Man is condemned to be free; because once thrown into the world, he is responsible for everything he does.
- Politics is a science. You can demonstrate that you are right and that others are wrong.
- We do not know what we want and yet we are responsible for what we are – that is the fact.
- All that I know about my life, it seems, I have learned in books.
- Freedom is what you do with what’s been done to you.
- I do not believe in God; his existence has been disproved by Science. But in the concentration camp, I learned to believe in men.
- If you are lonely when you’re alone, you are in bad company.
- Life begins on the other side of despair.
- We must act out passion before we can feel it.
. . .